Hey, you, get off of my cloud.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Beer Keg Registry

Every now and then I see a news story which that just has to be joke. Sadly, when it comes to government control over our lives it never is.

That's exactly what I thought when I heard about a movement start up a registry for beer kegs. I guess they figured a party registry would be too hard to keep track of.

I'm really sure what's more disturbing: the idea of armed officers of the state making a pre-emptive visit to my house, or the fact that of 5 people quoted 4 are in favour and
none make the obvious point that this is just a dumb idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christian Conservative said...

It's not such a crazy idea. A friend of mine lives in what once was a quiet neighbourhood, but some guy bought the house across the street and has been renting it out to students... who have kegers every other weekend.

The cops have been able to do nothing about it up until now. A keg registry will allow the cops to check a place out before the even happens... and make sure the people who rent the kegs are held accountable for whatever goes on there that night.

I say "Hear Hear!" to the idea. It might just let my friend and his young family get some sleep.

January 11, 2007 7:33 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

CC, wouldn't noise bylaws be enforcable upon the party? I've been to some very tame parties that have had police show up because of noise complaints. I'm convinced that the keg bylaw is a "feel-good" initiative that won't really do anything that can't already be done.

January 11, 2007 10:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like the kind of idea that gets proposed when a bunch of morons don't know how to use the laws that already exist for good reasons, and would rather have a new, stupid law passed then just make the effort to look out for themselves.

January 12, 2007 3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home