Hey, you, get off of my cloud.

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Problem with Rail

I pretty frequently hear arguements that we need to make greater use of railways for our transportation needs. The arguements usually sound pretty reasonable - greater efficiency, less polution, and so on. At the end of the day I don't support government intervention in how people and companies move their goods from Point A to Point B, but today's Globe and Mail provides a good example of why so many companies choose to move their goods by road.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked for CP Rail for nearly 9 years in a technical position so I know a bit about the industry. The labor relations in the company were horrible when I was there. I hope it has changed but looking at the CN strike I tend to doubt it.
(real conservative)

February 20, 2007 12:15 AM

 
Blogger Gerry Nicholls said...

Anyone who equates the train with "greater efficiency" clearly doesn't use GO trains!

February 20, 2007 9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home